On Sunday afternoon, we took a bush walk to a water-hole. This was no ordinary hike. We were hiking along the side of a mountain, and at some points we only had an inch or so of foot-space, and some branches and roots to grab to keep us from the great abyss below. I actually was glad no one had described to me just how challenging it would be, or perhaps I would have decided not to attempt it. But it was quite the adventure, and in the end I was SO glad we did it! Besides, the location was gorgeous. :)
If you want to turn the world upside-down, you have to get familiar with the other side!
Tuesday, 21 February 2012
Bush Hike to the Water Hole
On Sunday afternoon, we took a bush walk to a water-hole. This was no ordinary hike. We were hiking along the side of a mountain, and at some points we only had an inch or so of foot-space, and some branches and roots to grab to keep us from the great abyss below. I actually was glad no one had described to me just how challenging it would be, or perhaps I would have decided not to attempt it. But it was quite the adventure, and in the end I was SO glad we did it! Besides, the location was gorgeous. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment