If you want to turn the world upside-down, you have to get familiar with the other side!

Sunday, 19 February 2012

Valentine's Day in Wollongong

Some of my decorating. (:
Opening the package that Mom sent to Australia with us.
The unbelievable Hummingbird cake that Loretta made!
(Pink and red) "Happy Valentine's Day!"
I"m trying to get Mandy in the spirit of things . . .


We celebrated such a happy Valentine's Day here in Australia with the Robertson family! V-Day doesn't seem to be quite as big here down under as it is in America, so we gave them a little taste of our family's traditions by teaching them that it's fun to wear red or pink on the 14th, and some "love-hearts" around is crucial. (:-D

Loretta made a Hummingbird cake for the special day. It's a moist cake with pineapple and banana, and cream cheese filling and icing. I tell you, it was fabulous. Oh, my. (:

Mom Z had sent a secret package with us to Australia. She hid it in my suitcase and told me NOT to peek until Feb. 14th. I was a little nervous going through customs, not knowing if there was anything in there that I would need to "declare," but no worries. We opened it in the evening before we all watched a movie and inside was good ol' American chocolate and a sweet note to each of us. Aww, thank you, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment